Monday, April 10, 2006

The 2006 IronMed Charity Triathlon


At the finish line with the sexy man that is my inspiration, Chad Russell. Together his team of Georgetown law students raised over $800 for MetroTeenAIDS.

On Saturday April 8th, 2006 came together the culmination of several months of my hard work -- the 2006 IronMed Charity Triathlon & 10K Run. On this cold and rainy morning, over 110 athletes and 30 volunteers showed up at sunrise to take part in what was a very memorable event that raised over $11,000 for MetroTeenAIDS, a nonprofit organization centered in southeast Washington, D.C. that focuses on preventing new HIV infections in the youth of our capitol. Despite the weather, we managed to have a great time - not too hard to do when you are running around in a Speedo all day!

I made major improvements in my triathlon performance over last year. I swam the 1000 meters this year in 17:34, biked 15.7 miles in 1:04:00, and ran 6.2 miles in 45:01 -- finishing the event in 2:06:35, more than 14 minutes faster than my time last year.

Click on the following link to see some pictures from the event and after-party:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=148qvxyi.19rp8ld6&x=0&y=8dk812

That's all for now. Will write again soon.

No comments: