Saturday, February 14, 2009

Training log January 2009 -- some ups and downs

Well, I started off 2009 on the coast of Oregon in the famed land of Bill Bowerman, Steve Prefontaine, and Nike. It rained the whole time I was there but I had some beautiful runs along the coast that I will not soon forget. As for the major downer, I crashed on my bicycle and broke the scaphoid bone in my left wrist on January 15th. It's going to be a long path to recovery, but I was able to start running again on January 23rd after I got a cast put on.

Total running mileage this month - 144 miles
Avg miles per day (excluding 8 days while in splint) - 6.3 miles
Longest training run - 13 miles in Great Falls park on Jan 11th
Favorite run - at sunset along Oceanside beach in Oregon Jan 2nd

Check out my muddy Salomon trail shoes!

No comments: